Two Families Now
Most online parenting courses are ineffective because parents have difficulty relating to the material presented.
Two Families Now was developed using the actual experiences of parents in hundreds of classes and focus groups, and key contributions from members of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts. Two Families Now is an evidence-based online course which has been proven to be effective in clinical trials. This research led to an engaging course that has been successfully commercialized and is now approved in courts nationwide.
This course is now distributed by the High Conflict Institute, a world leader in conflict resolution.
Trifoia partnered with Dr. Laura Backen Jones, executive director of ACT for Families to produce a mobile-friendly course covering parenting transition, stress reduction, communication, and family routines. The course includes:
- Streamed video sequences featuring a multi-racial cast and teaching important concepts
- Interactive exercises that allow parents to practice and develop skills
- Printable pages including tips, summaries of information and additional resources.
- Multiple knowledge tests which parents must pass to complete the course
- Podcasts with advice from experts and parents
- Certificate of completion that can be downloaded and presented as proof for court-mandated divorce education
The course has been successfully adapted to specific county court requirements and translated to the Spanish language.
A randomized controlled trial conducted by our research department showed participants were very satisfied with the course, with each mean satisfaction scale receiving over 95% of favorable ratings. Eighty-five percent of parents said that the program motivated them “quite a bit” to “very much” to improve their relationship with their co-parent. Seventy-six percent of parents indicated that they would make changes in their parenting based on what they learned.
Funded in part by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (Grant #2R44HD050021-02)