Work with Trifoia
Trifoia is a digital training company specializing in the design, development, and hosting of web applications and digital training products, and full scope production of educational media. We serve researchers, research institutes, professional organizations, non-profits, and state and local agencies to produce products with social impact.
At Trifoia we believe that diversity is the source of our creative advantage and we are committed to providing an environment that celebrates our differences. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, parental status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Trifoia is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off.
Current Open Positions
Research & Design Product Manager
The R&D Product Manager oversees all phases of product design associated with one or more grant-funded research projects. They work cooperatively with the Principal Investigator(s), design, and marketing teams to develop a viable product, from discovery to launch and beyond. They are the product expert who owns the functionality and user experience, and they champion the vision at each step of the creation process. The Product Manager will uncover human-centered insights, and translate these insights into meaningful opportunities for design innovation. They assess the market and client needs; define a solution and roadmap; monitor its development and delivery; and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure execution based on project objectives.
We are hiring a product manager for a mobile health application that uses Problem Solving Therapy (PST) and is adapted to be culturally relevant for Chinese Americans and Korean Americans. If successful, future development would extend the app to other groups.
The project team will: (1) design and develop a minimum viable product using an iterative, user-centered approach; (2) complete content and app development; and (3) conduct a randomized controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of the intervention. When the study concludes, this product will be the first evidence-based PST mobile app designed for Asian Americans.
Reports to: Director, Research & Design
Direct reports: None
Classification: Temporary (for project duration), Exempt, 0.5 FT
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define product vision after analyzing the market, customer feedback, and industry trends
- Define, build, and manage product roadmaps and strategies
- Ensure product development is evidence-based by working with company research methodologist in the design, collection, and analyses of user data
- Act as the user advocate, and keep the user’s needs at the center of decision-making
- Provide leadership and bridge organizational gaps between teams (both internal & external)
- Communicate all business & user requirements, ensure all team members understand them
- Define metrics for success; determine reporting and tracking requirements
- Coordinate with finance, design, and development teams to prioritize requirements and provide a balance of scope, schedule, and resource allocation
- Compile progress reports and submit status reports to funding agencies and partners
- Manage the priority of all tasks, communicating changes in scope, and hiring outside contractors when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High emotional intelligence with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Active participant in a collaborative and creative team environment.
- Well-versed in UX principles and research and design methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized: can manage competing priorities while tracking details and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in company connectivity tools for remote work (Zoom, etc.) and communication and productivity tools (Asana, Slack, etc.) preferred
Required and preferred Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years of product development experience required
- At least two years developing, managing, & delivering product roadmaps & release plans required
- Bilingual in spoken English and Mandarin required
- Familiarity with Chinese culture strongly preferred
- Experience/knowledge of applying Problem Solving Therapy (PST) preferred
- Website and App development experience strongly preferred
- Experience in technology, eLearning, psychology, or related field preferred
Eugene, OR. Will consider remote for qualified candidates.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by a teammate to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Bending, reaching, carrying large or bulky objects and packages
- Frequently maintain a stationary position for extended periods
- Frequently communicate with coworkers, supervisors, clients
- Frequently operate and use a computer and associated peripheral equipment
- Able to use computer monitors for extended periods
- Regular, predictable attendance of hours assigned is required
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phones, and printers, light traffic).
- Frequent interruptions, distractions.
- Open workstations in communal work areas.
This position is open until filled
Trifoia is a team of content developers, instructional designers, technology experts, researchers, media producers, and storytellers who produce training content for maximum impact and reach.
Do you like to analyze problems and build solutions? Do you feel you have more to offer and would like to contribute to projects that help people? Do you take your work seriously but like to play and enjoy life?
If so, attach your resume and cover letter and drop us a line through the contact form below.