Work with Trifoia
Trifoia is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity. Trifoia encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including race, gender, veteran and disability status.
Trifoia is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off.
Current Open Positions
Grants and Contracts Manager
The Grants and Contracts Manager works directly with management, project managers, accounting, and the Chief Executive Officer to process grants and contracts. They will ensure compliance with all rules and regulations related to contracts and grants administration, making sure that grants are managed appropriately, including monitoring and controlling, and that reports and audits are completed on time. The Grants and Contracts Manager will assist in the development of contracts and grant applications, and will participate in negotiation and arbitration as necessary. Accuracy, consistency, and efficiency are keys to the success of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Director of Operations in the formulation of processes and procedures for negotiation of contract and grant pre-awards and post-awards to meet company requirements.
Research appropriate federal, state, and local requirements to ensure compliance by company staff and subcontractors and assist in arbitration and resolution of conflicting interests, as necessary.
• Coordinate with the Research & Production department heads to draft and oversee execution of company contracts for grants, clients, consultants and contractors. Negotiate, administer, extend, terminate, and renegotiate contracts and sub-contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; oversee special audits conducted by grantor(s).
• Prepare documentation for annual Indirect Cost proposal submission to requesting agency (NIH).
• Assist in the preparation of project financial, regulatory, and progress reports as needed.
• Serve as a liaison between departments and point person for staff on issues regarding grants administration and external contract inquiries.
• Responsible for filing all federal, state, and local compliance reports (FFATA, COI, FWA).
• Maintain in good order all company contract and compliance related documents.
• Assist with preparation of documents for yearly A-133 audit by external accounting firm.
• Review communications from external auditors and provide guidance to company management.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 5 years of experience with grants administration and compliance or relevant degree (Business Administration, Law).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• General math skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Represent the company professionally.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance, particularly related to Cost Principles and allowable vs. unallowable charges on sponsored awards.
• Experience with all stages of pre-award grant and contract development: identification of funding opportunities, guideline review and evaluation, budget development, completions of electronic and paper applications, document collection and formatting, development of sub-awards.
• Experience with all stages of post-award grant and contract management: review and evaluation of financial reports, oversight of expenses, identification of problems or concerns and development and implementation of solutions, sub-recipient monitoring, grant and contract close-out process, development and submission of progress reports, maintenance and oversight of unfunded agreements (MTAs, MOUs, CDAs, SRAs).
• Experience with ERA Commons and NIH ASSIST systems.
• Proficient in company connectivity tools for remote meetings (GoToMeeting) and communication and productivity tools (Asana, Slack, Confluence, etc.).
This position is open until filled.
Trifoia is a team of content developers, instructional designers, technology experts, researchers, media producers, and storytellers who produce training content for maximum impact and reach.
Do you like to analyze problems and build solutions? Do you feel you have more to offer and would like to contribute to projects that help people? Do you take your work seriously but like to play and enjoy life?
If so, attach your resume and cover letter and drop us a line through the contact form below.